Completed things are in bold, and newly finished things are in bold CAPS
Health and Wellness
1. Lose enough weight to be in my BMI target range.
3. Go vegan for 2 weeks
17. Try at least 5 fruits and 5 vegetables I've never tried before- Pommelo, CHAYOTE SQUASH, and Brussles Sprouts.
18. Exercise 30 minutes a day (weekdays) for at least one month I DID THIS IN MY FIRST TRIMESTER (GO FIGURE, BUT IT COUNTS!)
16. Drink nothing but water for a week
27. No fast food for one full month (even for kids)
92. Follow Tio's diet for one week - I have decided to just pay for this one. There is no way I can go from a carb-heavy vegetarian to his meat-heavy diet. It just won't work for me!
53. Take tennis lessons
83. Stop drinking soda entirely
84. Have acupuncture done
86. Complete the Couch to 5k program
100. Abstain from sweets for one entire week
4. Finish reading the Bible (as of start date, NT has been read)
6. Start journaling again. I'm so pleased to be journaling again. It's amazing how theraputic this is. 5/30/08
11. Take a seminary class that I will enjoy.
23. Read the Bible daily for at least one month (can include #4)
29. Pray for immediate family and friends daily for one month
7. Finish my Banner Pole of Remembrance
61. Read the holy book of another world religion
73. Memorize ten of my meaningful "life" verses/passages
93. Initiate and tell one person why I am a Christian
98. Find a church to join
2. Go to a "hot" beach (during warm weather!)
5. Go 1 week with no television
10. Finish the 1000 Challenge to get rid of 1000 things in my home (as of start date, 500 things remain) Nov 08 1000 things gone!
12. Grow and maintain a veggie patch (current tomato plants do not count)
14. Bake bread on a weekly basis (this only counts when I have successfully done it for at least 2 months in a row)
15. Train Pele and Sugar in obedience
19. Take a full spa day
20. Buy lingerie
21. Get fully dressed every day for at least a month.
22. Get my teeth professionally whitened
24. Get my nose pierced
25. Build something (a bookcase?)
26. Knit something for myself
28. Find a wine that I actually like (will take suggestions!)
30. Finish knitting that silly pair of socks
31. Learn to sew 5 practical things
32. Buy a bed and a living room set OOH WE BOUGHT A NEW LIVING ROOM SET, FEB 09
33. Wake up before the kids by 15 minutes every day for 2 weeks
34. Buy an original painting to hang in my home
35. Travel internationally for 30th birthday
36. Take pottery lessons
38. Bring no plastic into our home for one month
42. Learn to whistle with my fingers (loudly!)
43. Ask the Chef at Automatic Slim's for a recipe I love (if he says no, ask another professional chef). Cayenne Moon's Remoulade
44. Read 10 books I currently own but have not read 1. Sheperding a Child's Heart. 2. Velvet Elvis. 3. Blue Like Jazz. 4. Ascension 5. How to Raise an Amazing Child The Montessori Way. 6. Easy to Love, Difficult to Discipline. 7.
45. Get my children's clothing line going DONT THINK THIS IS GOING TO HAPPEN B/CS OF THE WHOLE LEAD TESTING JUNK. BUT I'D STILL LIKE TO DO AN ETSY SHOP OR THE LIKE.
50. Research and narrow down which home-(un-)schooling method I want to use THIS ONE IS PRETTY MUCH A WORK IN PROGRESS, BUT SINCE I HAVE BEGUN READING MY MONTESSORI BOOKS AGAIN, I’VE FALLEN IN LOVE WITH THE IDEA OF INCORPORATING SEVERAL OF THE TYPES OF LESSONS IN OUR DAILY ROUTINE WITH THE BOYS AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS FROM THERE.
51. Utilize nothing but the farmer's market for family produce needs for one full month NOT SURE IF THIS COUNTS, BUT SINCE JOINING OUR COOP DELIVERY, WE HAVE ONLY GOTTEN THIS PRODUCE AND A LITTLE BIT MORE FROM CENTRAL MARKET (LIKE WHOLE FOODS), SO IT'S FRESH, AND MOSTLY LOCAL.
52. Change the oil in my car one time
59. Make a family tree or trace my genealogy
60. Replace at least 3 cleaners with environmentally friendly versions (for home or body) use mrs meyers clean day and vinegar/baking soda for house needs. stopped using soap for me (better than a natural equivalent, for me anyway)
67. Go ice-skating
70. Go camping as a family (if we have small babies, then camp in the backyard)
71. Design and bake a wedding-worthy cake
72. Pose nude for a photo shoot (after goal weight is achieved). CHANGED MY MIND. GONNA DO THIS WITH MATERNITY PHOTOS INSTEAD, EVEN THO MY GOAL WEIGHT HASN’T BEEN REACHED. PREGNANT BELLIES ARE BEAUTIFUL BELLIES.
75. Minimize energy consumption by only using clothes line, no lights before 6 pm, etc.
77. Change ten bad habits into good habits I am currently trying to stop cussing. I would like to change that into being a better encourager. TRYING TO STOP SLEEPING IN AND FULFILL MY GOAL TO WAKE UP BEFORE THE KIDS. STOPPED WATCHING TV SO MUCH IN THE DAYTIME, AND HAVE BEEN CLEANING OR PLAYING WITH THE BOYS INSTEAD.
79. Bake a perfect souffle
80. Try 5 cheeses I've never tried (even if I don't think I like it). cottage cheese, some melty cheese from whole foods, AN UNNAMED AGED IRISH CHEDDAR ON ST PADDY'S DAY.
81. Go to and play at a casino
82. Make limoncello
87. Ride a real roller coaster-no kids!
101. Take voice lessons
46. Finish quilting my square
7. Go on a weekend getaway with no kids
8. Go 1 week without getting on the computer. Nov 08
54. Go to lunch with a friend once a month for 4 non-consecutive months Had lunch with Amy. Had coffee with Christina. TRYING TO FIND NEW FRIENDS.
55. Learn to and play a video game with Hunny.
68. Plan a romantic night for Hunny, and surprise him with it several times over the course of this project. 6/22/08; 8/9/08;
90. Become proficient in non-violent communication I've been learning to deal with some of Bear's obstinance by redirecting and helping him to put his feelings into words. ONGOING.
91. Study and understand Generalized Anxiety Disorder found an excellent website with great information. Already feel more compassionate towards Hunny and understanding his needs/fears. 6/29/08
94. Write a letter to mom I sent her a jar of peach preserves and a note. She didn't respond. 7/14/08
89. Spend a night at the Peabody or the Madison for anniversary
9. Save $1 a day, saving $1,001 by the end of the challenge.
78. Start a savings account for Bear and Bunkin Hunny started this 8/24/08
85. Cut my college loan debt in half. LESS THAN 1/3 LEFT!!!
39. Practice acts of kindness for a full day (pay for an expired meter, pay for the next person's coffee, etc) 5x
40. Take a daily walk, picking up trash along the way, for one week
41. Walk (or run) for a cause: I’VE CHOSEN THE CAUSE BUT NEED TO WAIT TIL THIS YEAR’S RUN. I WANT TO RUN/WALK FOR WATER IS BASIC.
47. Continue growing my hair and donate to Locks of Love have to grow hair out again.
48. Meet at least 4 neighbors, and pursue conversations at least 2 more times each talked with one neighbor after giving him herbs, but we moved after that. Will have to start over in our new neighborhood. NEW HOUSE UPDATE: MET ONE NEIGHBOR SO FAR.
56. Send a birthday card to all immediate family and friends for a full year
64. Research how to join (and if I qualify, join) a bone marrow donor registry
69. Rescue a pet from a shelter (if we have small babies, then donate money instead) rescued sugar Oct 08
74. Research how to donate breastmilk and if there is a local bank
76. Have a conversation with a homeless person/volunteer at a soup kitchen TALKED TO A GENTLEMAN FOR A WHILE OUTSIDE OF THE GROCERY STORE. (YES, I GAVE HIM MONEY, TOO). STILL WANT TO DO THIS AGAIN.
96. Buy a TWLOHA shirt to support that cause got my shirt!! 6/08
97. Find a friend or group with which to barter services B AND I ARE GOING TO TRADE BABYSITTING SERVICES.
95. Buy 25 flowers for 25 random strangers
62. Read the rest of Shakespeare's plays (those not read in college)
63. Learn calligraphy well enough to nicely address envelopes
65. Learn to identify 10 (local) birds by sight and sound
66. Re-memorize the times tables (no laughing at me! I need to!)
57. Re-learn Spanish (become conversational again) This is only a start, but I had a short conversation with a mujer in the laundromat!
58. Read a book in Spanish
13. Read classic works of fiction every couple of months (list to be determined). Farenheit 451.
49. Be able to identify 3 non-Dipper constellations
88. Rewrite a college paper and submit for publication in a journal
99. Get pregnant! 3 months to go!
Completed things are in bold, and newly finished things are in bold CAPS
Labels: 101 list