Thursday, December 11, 2008

Catching up, and the "offiical" announcement

I know, all I seem to write these days is, "I'm busy," etc... BUT, it's true! I am knitting my 2nd baby sweater, and amazingly, it's working up very quickly and promises to be done by the time we go to Memphis next week, which is when I will prayerfully see my friend coming in town from Switzerland. I hope she's not too jet lagged as we only have about 12 hours where we will overlap visits. Anyway, I'm mildly afraid because this sweater may be more boyish than girlish. I'll post pics as soon as I can to get a verdict!!
I'm so over our Christmas tree, by the way. No, not the tree, but the cat and kids harassing the poor tree. It's funny how the ornaments have slowly started migrating up so that the bottom third of the tree is looking bare and the top looks a bit over crowded! I'm very looking forward to Christmas, though. It's always been my favorite holiday, but then a few years after college, due to some hardships I was experiencing with my relationship with my parents, I dreaded Christmas because of the reminder of family. I don't think I've ever been more grateful to be married to Hunny than now. We have found that since we've moved, there's just been a new appreciation for the fact that we're it... we are it for our kids, and are it for each other. It doesn't do to dwell on being sad that family isn't always what you want them to be, and so we can relax in Him as Father, who can provide above what we think to even ask for.
Oh, speaking of providing (especially family), I should let this be my formal bloggy announcement that we are expecting another blessing this summer. Lori thought I was being too sly by just slipping that info in my 101 List update, so here's the official! I think I'm due at the end of July, so I have a nice, long, hot pregnancy ahead and no Brownie or pool to ease the burden! :) I'm crossing fingers for a girl, by the way, so you can feel free to send all the pink dust thoughts my way, 'k?
Bunkin's first birthday is Friday, and I am so excited about getting to eat cake, especially this particular frosting that I have high, high hopes for. If I remember and can refrain from eating the whole thing myself, I'll take pics of his birthday cake, replete with smashed-cake-on-his-face shots! Til then, I'm gonna keep knitting and incubating and figuring out how to not-kill the cat who insists on messing with the tree!

5 comments:

LunaMoonbeam said...

Misty, you were so sweet to come over to Bubba Bubbles and play along! Thank you for your sweet note about my comments as well - I try to only say something if I have something nice to say!

Oh, and as far as the little contest - if EVERYONE was right, then EVERYONE would be on the mailing list! Personally, I'm pulling for the 12th. ;-) I'm pulling for just about anything that is SOON, at this point!

Congrats on your OWN little bundle of joy! Oh, and I'm pretty sure your Christmas tree is in good company. My own tree has a very nice top...with three stuffed animals hanging on the bottom, just to even it out. ;-) I've been lucky - the toddler has somehow failed to recognize the POSSIBILITIES of having a Christmas tree IN her playroom. :-)

Misty said...

oh my, i hadn't even considered that the boys would want their own tree!! ha! that's really quite funny!

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

Oh, how sweet! Congratulations and blessings to you. I always feel such joy when I know a baby is coming into such a lovely home life. And you deserve much credit for moving on past your hurt feelings so that it doesn't dampen your family's Christmas. If only other people could forget the ghosts of Christmases past. Happy for you.

misti said...

Congrats on the little one!!!

Michele @ Frugal Granola said...

Oh, hooray- a real announcement! :) (I noticed your mention of it, when you said your milk was decreasing due to pregnancy, in your "thanks for breast milk" post.)

Blessings to you!
Michele :)