Thursday, September 18, 2008

Excuses

Ahhh, I've been, er, busy for a while. Which when translated correctly means I've had my nose stuck in the Twilight saga books. Yummy. I finished the last page of the last book tonight after I put the boys down, and it was kind of wistful. I hated that I was ending the ... urgency with which I've been reading these great books. When Hunny learned they were "teen lit" he asked if they weren't beneath my preferred reading level. Maybe, but then again, I love children's lit so much, and anyway, I was always that kid with a book in front of her face. And if not a book, then it was the cereal box, a tube of toothpaste, or whatever junk mail flyer was lying on the table. Point being, I've read worse. I'll bet when Hunny comes home tomorrow, he'll do the happy dance now that I'm done, because I need to wake back up to reality and the house that has been needing my attention!
However, I have to confess that it's not just Edward and Bella that have kept me away from the blogiverse; I got sucked into that phenomenon of insanity Christmas crafting. It started with Ravelry and a few great posts of links of homemade goodness, and it spiraled from there. I seriously have a problem now. As if I already didn't have a Martha complex, now I want to be the Cool Crafty Queen for real. There are some amazing ideas out there. I plan to do some. I hope in time for Christmas.
So there. That's what I've been up to.

2 comments:

a Tonggu Momma said...

Misty ~ Am I the ONLY one NOT reading these books???

Biz said...

Have never read the Twilight series. Who is it by?

I'm looking forward to seeing some of your Christmas Craftiness!

B