Wednesday, September 10, 2008

I've got friends in low places...

Actually, not me. All my friends are amazing and wonderful and funny and sweet.... most of the time! However, my son has a very strange penchant for befriending the oddest things. Yes, I said things. Some will remember Bear's friendship with JZHAW and BEPBR (that's two year old speak for salt and pepper), and that he would literally walk around with the large refill canisters of the salt and pepper, talking to them, trying to feed them, and inevitably pouring them out. (I finally got smart and emptied them into ziplock bags; he lost interest afterward... hmmmm) Well, his new friend is tall, dark, and um, full of garbage. Bear has been dragging around the garage garbage can--you know, the large sized one that has wheels and handles? Yup, that's his new buddy. And he's sitting in my living room. Having been invited to play with Bear and Bunkin. Bunkin just offered Can a block (and by offered, I mean threw away said block). Life is imaginative for a two year old, isn't it?

4 comments:

a Tonggu Momma said...

No!!!!!! Oh, my. This reminds me of my sister's high school boyfriend, whose brother gleefully informed us that said high school boyfriend dragged around his momma's bra for a couple of toddler years. He called it his "silky." You know... he always loved the ladies. So now I'm wondering what your child will love...

Mrs.Naz@BecomingMe said...

LOL! My daughter is four and still befriends rocks, pieces of paper, hairbands, etc. Odd...yes, but innocent and creative.

Anonymous said...

Too funny, friend! Wow! He's much more creative that Lulu. She just befriends all of her baby dolls. With an imagination like that, he'll never be far away from an adventure. Well done, Bear!

Michele @ Frugal Granola said...

Hehe! :) Cute! My daughter "babies" things... cups, wooden spoons, the calculator... she puts them on her shoulder to rock and pat them, and sings to them. :) Yesterday she babied corn on the cob from the box of corn we got at a farm.

Blessings,
Michele