Friday, August 01, 2008

Busy

For those of you who haven't heard the official news, we're moving to Dallas, TX! I'm pretty excited, and mildly overwhelmed, by the prospect of starting over, but I'm certainly staying busy in the meantime. My house is a disaster zone, between Bear sliding on the stacks of broken down boxes and my half-hearted attempts to actually pack; the good news is I actually folded and put away all my laundry I've let accumulate for the last two weeks!! Anyway, I digress. So, we will be moving near my identical sis, and I'm thrilled about that, as well as the opportunity our boys will have in getting to know each other--I never believed in cousins when I was growing up!
I'm sad about leaving behind my paltry little garden, though..isn't that sad? I have a plant that promises many, many tomatoes, but alas, I will not get to eat them! And Bear keeps pulling off the cherry tomatoes, so I've yet to eat any of those either! :)
I had several blog posts planned (including the cutest pictures ever of Bear's birthday/playgroup party), but I think I will wait to do any "real" blogging til after we get settled... which may be a while. So, don't forget about me; I will be back, I promise!!!

5 comments:

Augurs said...

I hope your move goes well! That can be such a crazy time. :) How wonderful to have cousins, though.

Thanks for stopping by my blog!
Blessings,
Michele

Michele @ Frugal Granola said...

Oops, I signed in with my old blog account! :)
It's still me.
Michele :)
www.frugalgranola.blogspot.com

a Tonggu Momma said...

As if we could ever forget you!?!?! Having moved over twenty times as a child, I totally understand Bear's need to slide down the packing boxes. Having moved just three times as an adult, I totally understand your frustration with that. LOL.

Mari said...

Hey girl, congrats on the move! I thought of you the other day sitting in Hard Rock Cafe watching the video of, none other, Thompson Twins - Hold Me Now. Blessings on a wonderful move!

Unknown said...

Hey Misty!

Thanks for the thought about the Arabic friend. She's out of the hospital now and I don't know how to get in touch with her. But I hope you like dallas! If you want someone to show you around give me a shout, next month when I have more time. ttyl
Jenny
holmseyj@gmail.com