Monday, July 21, 2008

An Award!!!


Mari has nominated me for my first blogging award!! I'm so excited and happy she thought of me!
The rules for this award: Put the logo on your blog. Put a link to who awarded it to you on your blog also. You need to nominate 7 other bloggers for the award and put links to them also on your blog. Finally, leave a comment for those you've nominated - so they know they've received a special award.
The blogs I'm nominating are both some I've been reading for a while and some I've only found recently, but they all inspire me.
1. Parikah at Sixoneseven: I don't think I've commented too often on your blog, but your knitting creations are simply breathtaking; your photos gorgeous; your food divine... Let's say that I wish I had all of your talents in these three areas!
2. Lori at Simple life at Home: What to say? I can't wait to be you when I grow up? Ok, besides that sounding bad and like you might be old or something, I just think you are so wise and relevant in your writing. I always look forward to reading.
3. Melanie my new friend: I think I love your blog for the same reason we became friends so easily-our paths are very much interconnected right now: we seem to be learning the same things and exploring new depths, and it's just so cool to have a new sister like that!
4. My sweet husband: you are not afraid to tell the truth, even when it seems like no one listens. I love and respect that about you the most. You inspire me daily.
5. Kristen at Dust: Again, I don't know you all that well, but with every post you write, you challenge me to be a better steward, a better thinker, maybe a better do-er.
6. Amber at Bringing Good Home: I think your intentionality and authenticity when blogging are what inspire me; in fact, it was stumbling across your blog in the first place that convinced me I wanted to blog!
7. Tonggu Momma gets my last nomination: While I'm new to your blog, and am not an adopting parent, so much of what you write about speaks to me...maybe because I'm also Southern, maybe because I wish I were as funny as you, and maybe just maybe because we have a Father who speaks louder than we do!
Thanks, Mari, for the award...

7 comments:

kediger said...

Why, thank you!

Good luck on your own move. Things went pretty smoothly but today all the little details caught up with us: changing car insurance, buying furniture, faulty electric in our apartment...blah.

I hope your move goes more smoothly. :)

Mellie_Blogs said...

Awww thanks, Misty! You are a very special person to me, too.

You are so sweet!

Mrs.Naz@BecomingMe said...

Yay! Congrats to you. Well deserved

Anonymous said...

Oh, thanks so much! :)

Anonymous said...

I love the new look of your blog, and I agree you deserve this award! Well done, sweet friend. I need you to come teach me some blogging basics before you move. You are my bloggy inspiration!

a Tonggu Momma said...

Wow, Misty! Thanks so much! And thank you also for the encouragement you gave me yesterday. It really helped me feel more at peace. I'm going to have to think about this for a few days... plotting who to pass this along to. :)

Mellie_Blogs said...

tag, come on over to my blog to get yours!!! : )
XO