Monday, January 28, 2008

When 2+2 does not = 4!

Today was lovely... just lovely. At least compared to the freezing weather we've had of late, 60 degrees felt downright balmy, so I decided to combat cabin fever by going on a little walk with the kiddos. So in goes Bunkin in my maya wrap, and up climbs Bear into the jogging stroller that has never actually been jogged with, and off we go. I was reprimanded for taking my children out for a walk in this "cold weather" (this by a woman who walks her Pomeranian five times a day smoking at least that many cigarettes in a walk). Other than that, lovely walk.
So why is it that I immediately ripped up all the nice effects of exercise by eating frozen pizza for dinner and topped it off w/ some KrispyKreme mini cruellers?? I think they definitely ruled each other out! Such is the life of a stay-at-home mommy sometimes, eh? My new year's resolution to lose weight don't seem to be making an impact on my willpower to indulge in yummy foods (not of the low-fat variety!). That being said, I'm still thrilled that I got off the couch when it would have been much easier to watch the last 30 minutes of Oprah. Since Hunny comes home tomorrow, I've justified my computer time today by looking up some scrumptious vegetarian recipes. As Scarlett said, Tomorrow is another day, and tomorrow we will eat Red Lentil Patties with Cilantro Sauce, as seen on Albion Cooks blog. I cannot wait to make these. I'll know true victory when Bear does NOT throw them on the floor in toddler defiance and a desire for more frozen pizza!!

0 comments: