Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Hey, Blog, remember me?

I'm emerging... Out of the clouds and haze of having a newborn for a whole month now (really? 4 weeks already?), but also trying to solidify a few things I've been ruminating on for a while. I hate to say something as vague as that and tell you I'll be more specific later, but that's exactly what I'm going to do. My time is limited these days with caring for the older boys and attempting to nurse the wee one, so as I'm able to add to the growing drafts in my folder, I'll share my thoughts here.

Quickly, though, I can say some blogging changes will be happening, probably piecemeal due to that whole time thing, but the first one I'll start with is my kids' names. I've thought and re-thought about their monikers, and decided that at the end of the day I'm okay using their given names. So blog, meet Shea (aka Bear), Connor (aka Bunkin), and of course the newest Avery. These little men, along with their awesome daddy known as Hunny, are the light of my life and the happenings of my days, and as I write about them I will keep in mind their safety and what is acceptable to be posted on the Internet.

There may also be some format and background changes, as well as a possible URL change, so bear with any construction issues, please!

Other than Avery's arrival (more on that in a minute), our lives have been busy with hosting company for a week and some uncertainty with Hunny's job security. The dust of company has settled but alas, work has not. If you are a praying person and would like to pray for clarity and peace, we'll take it! Having my friend Amy here was a powerful tool to incite some action on my part. At first, I was very homesick for Memphis and friends there (church! community!), and I still am. But after some discussion, Hunny and I feel we moved here for a reason, and we want to make a good faith effort at figuring that out. We'd like to honor our lease, which still has one year, and to take that time to really be proactive with relationships, both for us and for the boys. So, hopefully you'll hear lots more on those successes! Down with loneliness!! Part of that means I continue to lie low online so that I can pursue real-life friendships, maintain some sort of cleanliness at home, as well as support Hunny as much as I can while he seeks a new job or stays where he is.


On to the picture-heavy part of the post!! That's what you were waiting on anyway, right?

Remember this picture (scroll down just a bit) of Phineas and Connor? Well, same photo-op but with Phineas and Avery:

Yup, Phinny still thinks my lap/the Boppy is for his personal use despite being occupied. And a little side note: he's expecting a litter of his own. Sigh... yes, our other cat Mia is pregnant. The kittens should be pretty darn cute, though!

And here is Avery's solo act; don't you love how newborns literally just surrender to sleep (even if it is on their schedule!)?
And, Elizabeth, if you're looking at these pictures, I promise we don't just have Arkansas apparel, despite my t-shirt and the one of Avery here and on my blog! Just sayin'!

What I love about Avery now: his faux-hawk (well, it also looks like the tuft of hair, er, feathers, on a duckling called Fuzzworth); his gas or dream induced grins-they're totally lopsided; his spindly little limbs...Shea and Connor were much more stout than he is; and his complete and utter mellow-ness. He's so chill all the time (except when he's hungry or gassy, and those you expect and desire!), it's strange. But in a good kind of way. :) I still can't figure out who he looks like, so that'll be fun to watch.
Anyway, that's all for now... I'll be back soon!

10 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Girl, you cracked me up! I was smiling about the Razorback clothes (of which we have none, thanks to my Texas hubby) and then I saw my name. You know me well!

Avery is so sweet, I just want to snuggle him. I miss the newborn days, even though I know they're hard.

I'll look forward to the blog changes. I like that you're using their names.

Also, I know how hard it is to miss friends and familiarity. We are still not settled here, even though it's where we're supposed to be right now. I pray everyday for contentment in this situation. And I'll pray for you as well.

suzannah | the smitten word said...

oh misty, avery is so sweet. that black hair! adorable. i'm so glad you finally posted pics:)

how long have you been where you are? it can take SO LONG to feel settled...i just think after college, it takes so long to really get to know people. we're still working on that a lot on our end, too.

i'll certainly pray for contentment and for wisdom with work issues. i can't imagine how stressful that must be. xo

a Tonggu Momma said...

Shea... Connor... Avery... see, y'all can share the actual names of your boys because they have NICE names. Some of us didn't plan so well... our poor little Tongginator is stuck with SUCH a typical name, it's boring.

As for Avery - he looks scrumptious.

Lori ~ The Simple Life at Home said...

Well, Avery is just darling!!! Whata cutie! I'm so glad you shared your boys' names. I love them all. So much nicer to know their real names.

And I totally understand and agree with stepping back from the blog for now. I'm finding myself having to do it too, and while part of me misses it, I know it's the right thing to do. I'm sure you are making the right decision for yourself and your family. :)

LunaMoonbeam said...

What a cutie patootie!!!! And yes, I adore the way kids simply pass out, spread eagle...not a care in the world. Loverly.

Amber @ Classic Housewife said...

Oh wow, I didn't even know! He's adorable. Congrats and many blessings. =)

Primary Work at Home said...

Wow so cute. Great post. I enjoy reading your blog.

Primary Work at Home said...

Wow very cute! Great post.

Alison said...

Misty,
It's been ages, but I'm checking in to see how you are. I see that you have a new (six months ago) little one. congratulations, my friend.
Best,
GP

Work at Home Dad said...

Wow so cute. I like it.