Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Happy Anniversary Post, Part II

Now that you know where Hunny and I started, I found a pretty amazing post (at the blog Simple Marriage.. I've only browsed around a little while, but I'm already a fan of this well-written and encouraging blog) talking about what the writer loves about being married. I thought I'd take his great list and tell you how Hunny fits that mold.

Companionship Hunny, I know you think B is my other half, and she is.. in so many ways. But the truth is so are you. I'm a triplet for a reason: I understand thirds!! :) You are just the perfect fit for me, and you are truly a perfect companion for me.
Love I can't say it any better than the original romantic: Song of Solomon 8:6 "Place me like a seal over your heart, like a seal on your arm; for love is as strong as death, its jealousy unyielding as the grave. It burns like blazing fire, like a mighty flame. Many waters cannot quench love; rivers cannot wash it away."
Laughter I've already said I love the sound of Hunny's laughter, but I also think the fact that we daily laugh WITH one another has been huge for us.
Connection You seem to have an uncanny ability to read my mind, and you and I have a connection that I've only ever had with one other person (B!).
Shared adventure Oh, boy! Have we ever been on an adventure called parenting! We've probably made more mistakes, laughed harder, and been comrades more in raising kids than any other aspect of our relationship.
Passion I love your passion, and the passion we share with one another. This is probably one of the areas that we show more of our differences in, and I think that adds such a fun element to who we are together.
Friendship Aside from B you are my best friend. I don't know anyone else as well as I know you, and I KNOW you know me better than anyone else.
Deep conversations AND Simple conversations (I combined these two from his list) I love that we talk. I love that when dating I noticed how we'd rather talk all night long than have it end on us. I love that we still talk into the night. I love that words are our way of communicating.
Hearing someone say “I love you” I love it when you tell me completely spontaneously that you love me. It's just a notch above hearing Bear say "Yuy you!"
Knowing the little quirks of another human being Umm, you have LOTS of quirks! I probably have more, though! :) I love your quirks. It makes me feel like I know you really well.
Co-parenting our children This one has been hit on sort of, but I never imagined that parenting could be as hard and beautiful as it is. I'm so grateful and blessed that you are the co-producer of our kids (because, goodness, we make some pretty ones!) and so thrilled that you get to share in all the not-so-fun things like nighttimes, early mornings, dirty diapers, and spit-up. But you also revel in the amazing things like playtime, naptime, and cuddletime.
Being authentic This is a phrase that is borderline too church for me, but I get it. Authenticity is really, really hard. It is a hard job to day in day out be real with a person, even if you share that space with them! However, it is precisely this level of willingness to bare ourselves to each other that allows trust and love to deepen.
All the inside jokes between us This is an easy one. But if I share them here, then they won't just be between us anymore!! Again, it just speaks to our ease with one another and a level of awareness and intimacy that can be playful.
Memories of past experiences together Well, as you know, this is one of my favorite past-times with you. I love remembering things we did when we dated and pre-kids. I love remembering trips we've taken, conversations we've had, and little unimportant details. (The funny thing is, you seem to think my memory is highly selective!!)
Watching football together, or any sports for that matter I actually really love this one. I never thought I'd enjoy watching sports, but your passion and enthusiasm were addicting, and now I'm proud to join the ranks of the Hogs and Gunners, or the Black Cats :)
Someone to challenge me to be a better woman And you do challenge me.. to be a better mommy, better wife, and better partner.
Good make out sessions To keep this PG I'll just leave it at that.


I edited the list to suit my needs, and there is a lot more I could probably say, but suffice it to say I love you, and Happy Anniversary!!

3 comments:

Mellie_Blogs said...

you both are so precious and beautiful! you are radiant! : )

Anonymous said...

You are my love, my best friend, my heart and I love you more than words. You touch my heart and you know me better than I know myself. I love you so much, sweet heart,

Hunny

STOP MAKING ME CRY WHEN I AM OUT OF TOWN! :P

Anonymous said...

My sweet M... i totally cried watching your photo/video! I LOVE you! happy anniversary. i am honored to babysit for you guys tomorrow night. I hope you do something really special. Y'all deserve it!

Your B