Tuesday, November 18, 2008

100th Post!

I can't believe I'm already here... apparently, in blog tradition, for your 100th post you're supposed to write 100 things about yourself; however, I have already done that. So, I was kind of in a quandary as to what to write.... Should I skip out and just post as normal, and you'd never know I was at this blogging milestone? Should I be light and fluffy or serious? Do I try to incorporate the number 100? etc... all these questions ran through my mind, and in fact kept me from writing in my blog all week!
But when this morning I culled my bookshelves and got rid of 65 books to donate or sell, I realized several things: 1) I reached 1000 things gotten rid of, so that is 100 times 10, thus incorporating my blogiversary. 2) The paring down of books is emblematic of the growing desire I have for simplicity; books used to be THE thing I owned... the thing that gave me greater pride than all else, because it meant I was smart, that I HAD. It was so liberating to finally be able to get rid of books that I have nothing but sentimental attachment to (something from a favorite professor's class, but which has nothing to do with my life now, for example). My desire to not let what I own own me has been revolutionary in how I now view things, their impact on me, and their impact on my environment (individually or globally).
My blog started out somewhat aimlessly, and I was okay with that. I was inspired by two blogs in particular, one a knitting blog, and one a very godly woman whom I'd like to emulate, but then I was introduced to simplicity, or at least the word to define the ideology that I'd wanted to incorporate into my own life. From there, my blog has been a little bit all over the board, but it has reflected in every way how I've grown as a blogger (I know some html, or at least how to apply some of it now!), a mother, an appreciator of natural living, and how He has brought me to this place. Simply put, I'm really happy to be where I am, and here's to 100 more posts! :)

7 comments:

a Tonggu Momma said...

And here I only ever aspired to ramble incessantly about nothing!!! I admire you.

Mellie_Blogs said...

You are so precious, Misty! Congrats on a hundred posts....KEEP WRITING!!!

misti said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
misti said...

Ah! Comment deleted on accident. I was saying that I love that you're a C.S. Lewis fan (clicked on your backlink to your first post). I started reading C.S. when I was 16, and just never stopped.

My faves are The Four Loves, The Screwtape Letters, and the Narnia books...I love that when you read him, it doesn't always sink in until you've thought about it and chewed on it for a few days! Good stuff.

Anonymous said...

I love that you have been blogging for 100 posts already! Congrats, dear friend! I love reading - truly I do.

Mrs.Naz@BecomingMe said...

Congrats on your 100th post...Loved reading about your wishing game too on the comments...we are sooo alike

Alison said...

Congratulations on reaching your 100th post!! I'm interested to hear how those sewing projects go this year.