Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Welcome, Skylar!

My sis K had her first baby girl Skylar Lenore(the first girl of all the cousins) today at 4:30, after a 26 hour labor! And she didn't even get the epidural until 2:30 (WOW! I really didn't think she'd make it that long at all)! Skylar weighed 8lbs 2 oz and was 20.5" long. She hasn't gotten the hang of breastfeeding, but she's probably a little loopy from the epi, so please say a prayer that she and Mommy get to work on this some more. I have not actually spoken to my sister beyond the basics, so I assume she's doing well. K's also the only one of girls not to have a c-section on her first try--that's good! Way to go, Skylar! I can't wait to meet you!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah!!! I know my pic is sideways. I'm working on that. :) Love you and Miss you TONS! We need to chat in the next day or two.

a Tonggu Momma said...

Congratulations!!! New babies always bring smiles. Oh, and sleepless nights.

Michele @ Frugal Granola said...

Congratulations! :) It's so fun being an auntie!
Blessings,
Michele