Friday, May 02, 2008

Some photos and projects!

Well, I've finally bribed my Hunny to upload pics from the camera phone to the computer, and so I can share a few of the things I've been working on! Remember when I said Meg came in town? While she was here, she helped me to get a garden started, and we planted tomatoes, chili peppers, bell peppers, and herbs. I'm so excited to have my first stint at gardening, and so far I've stayed motivated enough to actually weed and everything!! Anyway, here is a picture of my herbs (I have rosemary, cilantro, thyme, and basil). my herb garden
I can't share pics of the tomatoes (not much to see anyway, just yet) because the lighting was never good enough. I hope that does not bode ill for my cool plants!
Next, I am knitting again! I am working on Helen's baby sweater (meet Mama here), and it feels so good to be knitting again-I'd gotten into a bit of a funk from inactivity I think! Anyway, I bought a lovely sagey/mossy green yarn (Rowan 4ply cotton) as seen here: Photobucket
(Brownie, look away if you want the design of the sweater to be a surprise!) The pattern comes from a vintage Coats and Clark pattern for Red Heart Yarns, and it looks just sunny! Photobucket
Last, but not least, I met Melissa on Ravelry, but she lives right here, and was lovely enough to loan me the use of her kiln to fire some projects that were WAAAY overdue (um, Christmas 2003!). Actually, she did the firing, too, but I did the slabwork and glazing myself. These leaf bowls were a project that my Montessori directress and I worked on for our students; this one was a prototype, and meant to be a gift for Meg. Basically, we gathered leaves with the kids (and found their names so that we could incorporate science into art!) and then pressed them into thinly rolled out clay. The other leaves were extras, so I made them into ornaments, hoping I could make a windchime out of them. However, I think I like them as is, so don't know what to do with them besides add them to my so-called "nature shelf." Photobucket Photobucket

So, there are a few of the things I've been doing when I haven't been trolling blogland and playing with the kiddos!! Speaking of, we finally went to the Pedi, and both boys are in good health, and just lil' monsters! Bear is a whopping 32 pounds and 32 inches, and Bunkin is just under 19 pounds and 26 inches! They both got each other today--Bunkin grabbed Bear's face and scratched him, and Bear bit back--on Bunkin's face! Yikes! Hunny tells me this is only a glimpse of what is to come. I also have to say how blessed I am by Hunny--not only has me been responsible for the house staying clean, I came home to a stunning bouquet of flowers and a mini-cake just because he loves me! What more can a girl ask for?

5 comments:

Your Kind Host said...

Your picture taking skills are absolutely amazing! You used a friggen cell phone to take those pics and I am amazed at your talent!

Thank you for being so amazing and for showing me new things about you every single day of our blessed life together.

I love you more than anything,

Hunny

Anonymous said...

Sweet friend, tea with you today was lovely! When Lulu woke up she was clearly sad that you and the boys had gone "bye-bye." She was running around everywhere looking for ya'll.

And, might I add, I am thrilled by the yarn and pattern! I can't wait to see the finished product. How are your little plants growning?

Kellie said...

Your leaf bowls & ornaments are absolutely gorgeous!

kediger said...

That is a fantastic sweater! Where di d you find that pattern?

kediger said...

BTW, this is Kristen from Ravelry...glad to have found you too!