Thursday, September 04, 2008

Bear feet

Bear is obsessed with his feet, toes in particular. I think he inherited my dislike of shoes (let me clarify; I wear flip-flops and other open shoes; I can't stand my fee to feel enclosed, even by socks) and he's your typical toddler prone to accidents. So he gets "bonks" on his feet. A lot. And apparently, kissed do just the trick to fix them right back up. He is constantly coming up to Hunny or I, extending his foot up in the air, and going "mmmmmm," which clearly translates as a request for a kiss on the sore spot. In a splurge on make-up, I bought some black nail polish for my toes, and painted them earlier in the week. Last night, as I was unwinding on the couch with my legs stretched over the side, Bear comes up to me and says, "Ewwwwww," really loudly and in pure toddler disgust, and then promptly bends over and kisses each and every single one of my toes! Can I just say Mommy-meltdown?

4 comments:

a Tonggu Momma said...

Misty -- That is Seriously Sweet. (And I hope your feet were clean.)

Alison said...

oh for heaven's sake! hee hee...still chuckling that he thought you had boo boos on all your toes. what a sweet boy.

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

That is very sweet, indeed. And yes, about the Old Spice commercial, we've played it over and over for that scream.

Carrie said...

Oh, my word- so cute! And I love the picture of you and your husband washing each other's feet- what a neat symbolism!

Thank you for your comment on my post about letting my son, Z, cry to sleep. He was born 12/5/07- so our little ones are really close together!

It is so hard sometimes to find a balance in parenting- I never want to be too strict or make decisions out of my own selfishness, but at the same time, I want to raise my child right! I hope you don't feel bad about letting your babies cry it out- as you said, Bear has no attachment issues, and I know your 9-month-old will be fine, too.

And, yes, for me, it came down to the sleep issue, too- I typically need LOTS of sleep (8-9 hours a night before kids)! Now if I get 8, I do well. With less, I'm not nearly as patient, and that's important to me and my son. :)